Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect

I am a perfectionist.  And I'm an only child.  So, basically, I like for everything to be done right.  Which really means that I want it to be done my way. Haha!  Right.  I have 9 children.  And a very busy husband.  So...

I have learned to just "let it go."

If you have a large family you have to learn to do that.  At least to a certain degree.

When I wake up in the morning I like to walk through a perfectly clean house.  Everything in its place.  It gives a fresh start to my day.  It makes me feel like I can conquer the world.  But the truth is that rarely happens.  And I'm okay with that.  Now.

But, I still hang on to the fact that certain things in my life have to be "perfect" in order for me to feel good about life.  This idea isn't right either.  It's not true.

I woke up this morning.  All of my children were healthy.  My husband was hard at work.  I had food to eat.  God blessed me.  Again.  And I didn't even ask for it.

My world does not have to be perfect because He is.

I can breathe easy.

Enjoy your imperfect world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment